Back to service explorer
Also known as the Adult Education and Literacy Program
The Adult Education program helps Tennesseans build critical skills and knowledge. Our classes help you improve your math, reading, and writing skills. We also teach English language classes. We help you get your high school equivalency (HiSET, also known as GED) and gain important workforce preparation skills. Our program helps you advance to a college or training program, or to get a better job.
- Over the age of 18
Can be 16 -17 and enroll in Adult Education, but you must first be withdrawn from school (including home school). Parent/guardian approval is required to enroll.
And meet at least one of the following conditions:
- No high school degree
- Need help with math, reading, or writing
- Struggle with English proficiency
Gather Required documents
- No documents needed to get started!
Get Started Next steps to enroll
- Contact your local Adult Education program
- Create an account on Jobs4TN
If you can’t find an Adult Education program near you, then:
- Find a location near you and request an appointment with a case manager. You can do so on our Find an American Job Center page.
Confused about what services are available to you? We make it so easy to get started.